If you’re anything like us, you probably have a lot of questions about parenting and keeping your family happy when you are away. With all the stuff that comes with raising kids, it can be tempting to just give up and let them run wild, and this is of course a possibility when you are on holiday in Carvoeiro. If you want to keep your children happy and healthy while you are on holiday, you need to pack a few things before they leave. We know that leaving home means leaving everything familiar behind in exchange for something brand new and exciting. As an adult, this is a thrill. As a child, forgetting something can be the cause of a tantrum. This is why it’s important to back the important things before you head to Carvoeiro on a family holiday.
Things Every Parent Should Pack for Their Carvoeiro Holiday
- Their Favourite Snacks – You never know when your kids might get hungry on your trip, and you might not be able to find their favourite snacks in the local supermarket. Though there are a tonne of food options in Carvoeiro, kids can be fussy and sometimes they want something familiar. So, pack snacks that will keep you kids happy during your time away. Granola bars, risps, chocolate and cereal are good options as they travel well. Plus, your kids will be happy to have something to eat on long car rides or during the flight.
- Bring Books and Activities for Rainy Days – Kids are always wanting to play on phones and tablets, but there might be times when you don’t have one. Also, you might not want them spending their time in Carvoeiro on a device. This can be a problem if you are faced with bad weather in Carvoeiro, something that is somewhat of a rarity. Kids love to read, so make sure to pack a few of their favourite books. You don’t want to stress out if you need a break, or if it’s raining outside, and books allow your kids to be able to unwind and relax. You could also pack games that are easy to travel with, in case you need to kill some time in between plans.
- Sunscreen, Bug Spray and Essentials – There is a lot of sun and heat in Carvoeiro, and you need to make sure that your kids are protected. Though they might not like it, covering them in sunscreen is a key part to enjoying the sun safely. After all, no one wants to deal with a toddler that’s in pain after getting a sunburned nose. It’s also a good idea to pack bug spray for Carvoeiro, especially if your kids aren’t used to the odd fly bite. Pack a first aid kit, too, so if someone gets stung by a bee or cut by a piece of glass while they’re being adventurous, you can help them immediately. Though most accommodations will have access to a first aid kit, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Don’t Forget Your Camera – There are so many fun things to do when you’re on holiday in Carvoeiro, that it’s easy to forget how important it is to take photos. If you’re going somewhere that’s picture worthy, take lots of photos of your family and friends. Bring your camera with you when you go out to eat or to the beach. You never know when you’re going to want to snap a special moment. Take photos of everything from the view to yourself and your family, to the food you’re eating and the beautiful beach vistas. This can help you remember what you did during your trip to Carvoeiro, and it can also help your friends and family remember your holiday.
- Don’t Forget the Important Stuff – You don’t want to arrive in Carvoeiro with kids, only to realise that you’ve forgotten something important. Write a list before you to ensure that you have everything you could need. Things such as toothpaste and toothbrushes are important, but they are easy to forget. You might remember to pack clothes, but have you worked out if everyone has enough outfits? You will want to spend a lot of time in Carvoeiro swimming, but have you left someone’s swimming clothes at home? Even pyjamas, beach shoes, towels and toys are easy to forget when you’re packing for your trip.
One of the best things to do when you are packing for your trip to Carvoeiro is to consult your children. If they are old enough, get them involved in the packing process. Not only is this a learning experience, but it could help you to remember items that they deem important. For example, a night light or teddy bear might not be something you think needs to go to Carvoeiro, but your child might think otherwise. You could give them the freedom to choose a toy or two to bring with them, or a game that they might like to play on the plane. You could get them to choose their own snacks, so you know that there will always be something that they will eat. Activity books, story books and colouring in books are also great for keeping kids entertained. If you involve your children, you don’t have to worry about forgetting something they where deserpate to pack.