Carvoeiro, located along the Portuguese coast, has a lot to offer tourists and it’s certainly a popular place to holiday. It has beautiful beaches, local restaurants and incredible scenery. This is why tonnes of families, couples and solo travellers head to the town every summer.
If you are struggling to decide where to stay in Carvoeiro, you have come to the right place. As one of the top destinations for holidaying in the Algarve, Carvoeiro is not lacking in places to stay. Whether you are looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful, or somewhere high class and luxurious, you will not struggle to find something that ticks every box.
Top Accommodation Options in Carvoeiro
A lot of people make the mistake of assuming that accommodation options in Carvoeiro are limited, when this couldn’t be further from the truth. You will only have to spend a minute or two browsing the top places to stay in Carvoeiro, before you see just how many options there are.
- Private Apartment – If you are thinking about staying in a ‘home away from home’ in Carvoeiro, find the time to browse the wide range of private apartments available. Staying in an apartment gives you access to everything you need, plus a lot of additional space. For example, you will have access to a kitchen and living space. This can be hugely beneficial if you are travelling as a family, as it gives you space to spread out. There are apartments located throughout Carvoeiro, so finding one in a central location is relatively easy.
- Private Villa – If you ask anyone who has been to the Algarve before, they will tell you how popular private villas are. Though they are on the slightly more expensive side, there are a lot of advantages that come with booking a private villa. Not only can you enjoy a completely private and secluded place to stay, but you also have access to a tonne of amenities that you are unlikely to get in hotels. For example, private villas have their own kitchens and many have their own swimming pools. There are a lot of villas in Carvoeiro, some of which are close to the centre and others are further afield.
- Bed and Breakfast – B&Bs are often forgotten about as an accommodation option in Carvoeiro, even though there are a lot of advantages to staying in one. Firstly, you can relax knowing that breakfast is taken care of. This makes it a lot easier to budget for dining when you are away, and saves you the hassle of making breakfast every morning. B&Bs offer comfort and tranquillity, which you might not get if you are staying in one of the busier hotels in Carvoeiro.
- Local Hotel – A lot of tourists in Carvoeiro opt for a local hotel, as it’s one of the more affordable accommodation options. Though there are certainly a lot of luxurious hotels in the town, there is no shortage of quaint hotels also dotted around. There are a lot of benefits that come with choosing a local hotel, such as it being a simple and straightforward way to spend your holiday. All you need to do is turn up, check in and enjoy your stay.
- Luxury Resort – If you want to spend a little bit more and treat yourself to a premium stay in Carvoeiro, consider staying in one of the larger resorts. These have everything you could need for an easy, relaxing and luxurious stay in the Algarve. You will have access to swimming pools, the beach, restaurants, entertainment and many offer all inclusive dining options. Resorts in the Carvoeiro are ideal for those who want to sit back, relax and let someone else take care of the holiday admin.
Regardless of where you stay in Carvoeiro, you will find yourself close to the action. Carvoeiro is a beautiful part of the Algarve region, and it’s somewhere that holidaymakers flock back to year after year. It doesn’t matter where exactly you stay, as you will always be able to access Carvoeiro and the surrounding areas.
How to Decide Where to Stay in Carvoeiro
As you can see, there is no shortage of accommodation options in Carvoeiro, but this can mean that you’re spoiled for choice. Though you may like the idea of staying in a luxurious resort, you might want the privacy that comes with booking an apartment or villa. Similarly, you might be tempted by the affordability of a local hotel, but you might want the ease that comes with having breakfast included in your stay. There are a lot of options and they all have their benefits. Luckily, you can choose any accommodation type in Carvoeiro and know that you are unlikely to be disappointed.
With so many places to stay in Carvoeiro, there is something for every budget. If you have a limited budget and you want to spend as little as possible, browse the local hotels and affordable B&Bs. If you want to treat yourself to luxury and you’re able to spend a little bit more, it might be worthwhile to check out some of the premium resorts in the area. There really is something for everyone in Carvoeiro, regardless of whether you are a solo traveller on a budget or a wealthy couple with a lot of money to spend.
When you are choosing where to stay in Carvoeiro, think about what it is that you need from your accommodation. Think about whether or not you want the freedom to cook your own meals, or do you prefer to have everything on site and taken care of for you. You should also think about the location, as some places to stay are further afield and slightly away from the main centre of Carvoeiro. Though these are accessible, they are often better suited to holidaymakers with access to a car.