We can all agree that flying can be a stressful experience. Regardless of whether you’re going on a short flight or somewhere much further afield, there is a lot of stress that comes with flying – especially if you are travelling as a family or with children. This is even the case if you are flying to Carvoeiro, which is only a short journey from the UK. Thankfully, with the right tips and tricks, you can make your journey to Carvoeiro much more enjoyable and a lot less stressful.
In this blog, we will take a look at some of the best flying hacks that you should keep in mind before your next flight to Portugal. From packing light to choosing the right seat to meal prepping, these flying hacks will help make your trip as smooth as possible.
Flying Hacks Everyone Should Know Before They Head to Carvoeiro
Heading to Carvoeiro is exciting and we bet you can’t wait to arrive. However, before then, you have a flight to catch. Here are some of our best flying hacks that everyone should know before heading to Carvoeiro.
- Be as Flexible as Possible – A lot of people make flying a lot more stressful for themselves, simply by not being flexible. Though everyone hopes that a flight goes to plan, delays can happen and you might find yourself spending longer at the airport than you first intended. This is why it’s important to be flexible, and just go with the flow.
- Make Sure to Pack Light – Airports are busy places and they can be hard to navigate, especially if you are weighed down by large and heavy bags. This is why it’s helpful to pack light, and only take the things that you need to Carvoeiro. Regardless of whether you are going for a long weekend or a two week break, you don’t need to pack a lot. The weather in Carvoeiro is reliable, and you will be able to get a lot of things when you are there.
- Choose a Good Seat – Don’t underestimate the importance of choosing a good seat for your flight. Even though the flight to Carvoeiro is short, having a good seat can make a big difference to your enjoyment and comfort. Think about whether you would like to sit by the window or in the aisle, and whether you need more legroom than other people. Though choosing certain seats does come at an extra cost, this is usually worth it to ensure that your holiday is off to a good start.
- Try and Sit Together – A lot of airlines will assign you seats automatically, which doesn’t mean that you are guaranteed seats together. You could end up sitting separately, at other ends of the plane. Not only is this an inconvenience, it also means that you don’t have anyone to talk to on the journey. If you are travelling with children, this is even more of a problem, as you might find yourself separated from other adults and managing multiple children alone. A lot of airlines will let you pay extra for the privilege of sitting together, which is worth the cost for a lot of people.
- Prepare Meals and Snacks Beforehand – Though the flight to Carvoeiro is only an hour or two, you might get hungry and there is no guarantee that you’ll want what is being served on the plane. This is why it’s beneficial to prepare meals and snacks beforehand. You can relax on the plane, knowing that you have food available if you get hungry. This is also helpful if you are travelling with young children, as they are likely to get restless if there aren’t snacks and drinks readily available. Plus, you don’t want to arrive in Carvoeiro desperate for your next meal.
- Get Kids Used to the Idea of Flying – Flying can be an overwhelming experience for children, especially if they are young or they haven’t flown before. You can make the entire experience a lot easier by preparing them beforehand. Explain to them what’s likely to happen, what they can expect and make the flight seem like something to be excited about. If you make flying seem like an adventure, it’s more likely that they will look forward to it.
- Pack Toys, Games and Distractions – Even though the flight to Carvoeiro is relatively short, children can get bored extremely quickly. To avoid restlessness and boredom, pack a range of toys, games and distractions. You might want to load up a tablet with their favourite films or TV shows, or treat them to a new activity book. Anything that will keep them entertained will make the flight go a lot quicker, and they are much more likely to enjoy themselves.
- Pack Essentials in Your Hand Luggage – Though you won’t want to be carrying a heavy bag around with you, you do need to make sure that you pack the essentials in your hand luggage. It’s no use needing a wet wipe, and then realising that you’ve packed everything in your suitcase. Before you leave, make a list of everything you might need on the plane, and make sure that’s available to you. Things such as plasters, tissues and smartphone chargers are often forgotten about.
There is no need to dread the flight to Carvoeiro, not when there are so many fantastic hacks to help you out. Flying to Carvoeiro is quick, easy and straightforward, and it’s not something that needs to stress you out. As long as you plan ahead and organise everything well, your journey to Carvoeiro should be a flawless one.