If you are planning a holiday with a toddler, you can’t simply choose the first destination that you come across. This runs the risk of you choosing someone that isn’t toddler friendly, which would make your holiday a lot less relaxing and a lot more difficult to navigate. Luckily, this isn’t’t a problem when you choose Carvoeiro. Carvoeiro is a fantastic place to go with toddlers, and it’s the top of the list for a lot of families.
What Makes Carvoeiro a Toddler Friendly Holiday Destination?
There are a lot of holiday destinations in Europe, and many of these are toddler friendly. However, Carvoeiro really does stand out as being a fantastic choice if you are heading abroad with young children. This is because Carvoeiro ticks every box in regards to what a family would want from a holiday destination. It’s safe, it’s easy to get to, it’s easy to travel around and there is lots to do.
A lot of the Algarve is ideal for family holidays and this is largely due to what’s available. There are beaches, family friendly restaurants, kids clubs, parts, watersports, water parks and much more. All of these are easily accessed from Carvoeiro. Staying in Carvoeiro bases you close to everything the Algarve has to offer, but in an area that’s peaceful and tranquil. Though there are more lively areas in the Algarve, these tend to be better suited to adults and lively groups. If you are travelling with a toddler, Carvoeiro is quiet and safe, without being short of things to do.
Top Tips for Holidaying in Carvoeiro With a Toddler
Going on holiday with a toddler can be daunting. After all, toddlers aren’t known for being flexible and happy with changes to their routine. Luckily, there are things that you can do to ensure your trip to Carvoeiro with a toddler goes smoothly.
- Only pack the essentials when you are heading to Carvoeiro with a toddler. It is best to pack as little as possible and leave the rest at home. Otherwise, you run the risk of being over your baggage allowance, and not having enough room for your own belongings. Taking a few of their favourite toys will allow you to keep your child happy and occupied for long periods of time, but there will also be lots to entertain them with in Carvoeiro. Once they are in a new place and have a new space to explore, they will have forgotten all about their toys at home.
- Don’t forget to take care of yourself too when you are on holiday with a toddler. It can be easy to forget about your own needs when you are travelling with a child, but it is important to make sure that you are taking care of yourself. If you can, spend a short period of time relaxing whilst your toddler naps, or ask someone else to watch them so you can read a book. After all, it’s your holiday as well, and it’s a time for you to relax.
- There is lots to see and do in Carvoeiro, so do some research and find activities that your toddler will enjoy. Find out which beaches are family friendly and which restaurants cater to fussy toddlers. The Algarve is a very family family destination, so you shouldn’t struggle to find things that appeal to children of any age.
- When you are travelling from A to B, find activities that they will enjoy so that they don’t get bored or restless while waiting in line or sitting in the car for long periods of time. There is a lot to see in the Algarve, and a lot of holidaymakers hire a car so they can explore areas away from Carvoeiro. This is also important for the plane ride, as you don’t want to be stuck with a bored toddler before your holiday has even begun.
- It’s important to be flexible and prepared for anything when you are on holiday with a toddler. Travelling with a toddler can be unpredictable, there is no knowing how they will behave or what they will want to do. Luckily, a lot of Carvoeiro is set up with families in mind. Instead of having a strict itinerary, go with the flow and try to keep the trip as relaxed as possible.
Though there is no knowing how a toddler will behave on holiday, the top tips given above are sure to make your trip a more enjoyable one. Instead of over planning and worrying about what your time in Carvoeiro will bring, relax and enjoy being abroad.
Will Children of All Ages Enjoy Spending Time in Carvoeiro?
Yes, children of all ages really will enjoy holidaying in Carvoeiro. The Algarve, as an entire region, is popular with families and that’s because it has so much for children to do. Whether you are travelling with toddlers or teens, or children in between, there is no shortage of things to see and do. There are beautiful beaches, watersports, tourist attractions, outdoor spaces, play areas, swimming pools and towns to explore. From the moment you arrive in Carvoeiro, you will see why it’s such a popular spot for families.
In Carvoeiro, there are a whole host of accommodation options. This means you can easily find accommodation that works for you and your family. If having a toddler in a hotel sounds difficult, consider booking a private apartment or villa. Not only does this give you more space, but you will also have access to a kitchen, which can be a lifesaver if you have a fussy toddler to feed.