Deciding where to go on holidays is rarely easy; with so many countries to choose from, narrowing down your options can be difficult. Plus, even once you have decided on a country, you then need to decide on a specific location. A lot of people find themselves choosing Portugal, and then deciding on Carvoeiro as the place to base themselves. This is because Carvoeiro has something for everyone, regardless of the type of holiday you are planning.
It’s not just a fantastic destination for families, it’s a great choice for older holidaymakers. Regardless of whether you are travelling alone or as a couple, or even as a group of friends, Carvoeiro has a lot to offer those who are a little bit older. Below, we have taken a look at how much there is to see and do in Carvoeiro for older people.
Carvoeiro Activities Older Holidaymakers Are Sure to Enjoy
If you know anything about Carvoeiro, you will know that there is a lot to see and do. This is why it’s a popular family holiday destination, but that doesn’t mean it’s not always a great choice for older holidaymakers. If you are heading to Carvoeiro as an older tourist, you might enjoy some of the below activities.
- Explore the Beautiful Coastline – There is a lot of coastline to explore throughout the Algarve region, a lot of which is close to Carvoeiro and the surrounding areas. Within minutes of venturing outside of Carvoeiro, you will see just how impressive Portugal’s coastline is. There are stunning views and dramatic cliffs, all of which are there for you to embrace. Whether you are someone who is passionate about the great outdoors or someone who simply enjoys being outside on holiday, Carvoeiro’s coastline does not disappoint.
- Dine in Local Restaurants – There is no denying that Portugal has a lot of delicious dishes, a lot of which are on the menu at various Carvoeiro restaurants. If you are a bit of a foodie, or if you enjoy sampling local delicacies, you are sure to be impressed by what Carvoeiro has to offer. There’s something for every budget in Carvoeiro, ranging from cheap eats to luxurious restaurants. This means that there is something for everyone, regardless of what you are looking for. Though Carvoeiro is a popular holiday spot for families, there are a lot of restaurants that are perfect for adults travelling alone.
- Hike Through the Countryside – A lot of people instantly think of beautiful beaches when they think of Portugal, forgetting that there’s a tonne of countryside that’s worth exploring. Throughout the Algarve, there’s miles of rolling hills and greenery to enjoy. There are walking paths and hikes, all of which showcase gorgeous views of Carvoeiro and the surrounding areas.
- Spend Time at the Beach – If there is one thing that you should do in Carvoeiro, it’s spend time at one of the wonderful beaches. The Algarve is home to some of Europe’s best beaches, and a lot of them are close to Carvoeiro. There are relaxing, tranquil and calm beaches; these are ideal for sunbathing, reading a book and soaking up the sun. If you are someone who enjoys being a little more active, there are other beaches with activities and watersports. During your time in Carvoeiro, take the time to explore as many of the local beaches as possible, as they really are spectacular.
- Visit a Larger City – Though it’s lovely being somewhere as relaxing and quaint as Carvoeiro, you might want to mix things up by visiting a larger city. For example, Faro is close by and has a lot more going on than Carvoeiro has. Visiting one of the region’s cities is a great way to see another side of Portugal, a side that’s more than just beautiful beaches and dramatic coastlines.
As you can see, there is a lot to do as an older holidaymaker in Carvoeiro. Though it’s a destination that’s well known as being perfect for families, it’s just as ideal for couples and older travellers. Whether you explore the various beaches in Carvoeiro or you treat yourself to a delicious meal, you won’t be disappointed in what the area has to offer.
Is Carvoeiro a Good Holiday Destination for Older Holidaymakers?
If you are an older holidaymaker, you might be wondering if Carvoeiro is really a good holiday destination for you. If you ask us, the answer is yes, Carvoeiro is a great destination for older tourists and travellers. If you are looking for a relaxing beach break or a place to base yourself whilst you explore Portugal, Carvoeiro is a fantastic choice. It has everything the Algarve region is famous for, and more. Though there are certainly aspects of Carvoeiro that are aimed at families, older holidaymakers won’t find it lacking in any way.
Another reason as to why Carvoeiro is great for older holidaymakers is because there’s a whole host of accommodation options. You won’t struggle to find an apartment, B&B or hotel that ticks every box. You can enjoy Carvoeiro, knowing you have a comfortable and relaxing place to lay your head at the end of the day. There’s something for every budget and every level of luxury, ranging from budget hotels to impressive private villas. You will always be able to find somewhere in Carvoeiro that works for your finances, and somewhere that provides everything you need. This includes a lot of self catering options, which creates a ‘home away from home’ atmosphere.