There are a lot of reasons to go on holiday; the sunshine, the break from work, the delicious food and the fun activities. However, it’s swimming in the sea that attracts a lot of people abroad. In the UK, swimming in the sea is doable, but it does tend to be rather cold. When you are away in a tropical climate, the warm sunshine and holiday vibe helps this to stop being a problem. This is why Carvoeiro is such a popular holiday destination, as there’s a number of incredible beaches for you to enjoy.
During your time in Carvoeiro, you can explore some of the region’s best beaches. A lot of these are ideal for swimming, regardless of whether you are a strong and frequent swimmer, or someone who enjoys bobbing about.
What Are Carvoeiro Beaches Like?
There are a lot of reasons to love Carvoeiro as a place, but the beaches really do stand out as being something special. This is the case wherever you base yourself in the Algarve, you are always close to a tonne of gorgeous beaches and you won’t find yourself having to visit the same one each day. You can visit Carvoeiro, knowing that you can mix things up and spend time at a variety of beaches.
- They’re Safe – Though it’s important to always be careful at the beach, the beaches in Carvoeiro are relatively safe. This is why it’s such a popular destination for family holidays, as parents can sit back and relax whilst their little ones enjoy playing in the sand.
- They’re Beautiful – There are a lot of great beaches in Europe, but those in Carvoeiro and the rest of the Algarve are really something special. Carvoeiro beaches boast blue seas, white sand and a lot of sunshine. They are ideal places to swim, relax, play games, sunbathe and spend time with friends, family and loved ones. There is no need to settle for a standard beach, not when Carvoeiro has beautiful views and scenery in every direction.
- They’re Popular – The beaches in Carvoeiro are extremely popular, and it’s easy to see why. The Algarve is home to some of Europe’s best beaches, so it makes sense that holidaymakers flock to Carvoeiro in search of a beautiful beach experience. Luckily, as there are so many beaches to choose from, it’s unlikely that you will find Carvoeiro beaches to be as crowded as they are elsewhere.
- They’re Equipped – When you are planning a beach day, it’s important to have everything you need. When you visit a beach in Carvoeiro, that’s exactly what you can expect. Beaches in the Algarve have everything you need; many of them have toilet facilities, restaurants, watersports, bars and parking close by.
- They’re Varied – Once you have visited a handful of beaches in Carvoeiro, you will see just how varied they are. Though they obviously have their similarities, they are also different in a number of ways. For example, there are beaches that are perfect for young children and families, and those that are better suited to adults who want a tranquil paradise for relaxing.
Places to Swim in the Sea in Carvoeiro
If you know anything about the Algarve, you will know that it’s home to some of the country’s best beaches. In fact, the Algarve is where you will find a lot of the top beaches in Europe. Though this does provide a lot of choice and variety, knowing which beach to choose can be difficult. There are beaches that are ideal for swimming and watersports, and many that are better suited to paddling and relaxing. There are great beaches for families and children, and some that are better suited to adults and experienced beachgoers.
If it’s swimming that you are interested in, there are a number of places to go in Carvoeiro. There is the perfect beach for everyone in Carvoeiro, regardless of whether you are swimming for fitness or you simply want a relaxing way to cool off. Below, we have detailed four of the most popular beaches in Carvoeiro.
- Praia de Marinha – This beach is regularly referred to as being one of the best in Portugal. It boasts turquoise water and rock pools, and it attracts a lot of holidaymakers. It’s a beach that’s well worth checking out in Carvoeiro, and it’s unlikely to disappoint you in any way.
- Praia de Carvoeiro – This is the main beach in Carvoeiro, as the name suggests. It’s family friendly and popular with tourists, but locals make the most of it too. It’s beautiful, welcoming and close to wherever you are staying in Carvoeiro.
- Praia de Carvalho – This is a sandy cove beach and somewhat of a secret to anyone who isn’t a local, so you’re unlikely to find yourself surrounded by tourists on your visit. It’s not as popular as some of the other beaches in Carvoeiro, but this makes it a great place to relax and take a break from busier areas.
- Praia do Vale de Centeanes – This is a stunning beach nestled amongst sheer cliffs, which gives it a fantastic backdrop. It’s a great choice if you want to immerse yourself in the nature and outdoors of Carvoeiro.
Of course, before you visit any of these beaches, it’s best to check to see whether swimming is safe. Though swimming is a common holiday activity in Carvoeiro, the tides and weather can impact how safe the activity is. There’s a tonne of information out there about when you can swim and where, so you won’t struggle to find the perfect place.