A lot of people find themselves asking others (or asking the internet!) how much money they will need for a week in Carvoeiro. The answer to the question is not a clear cut one, as so much of it depends on the individual person and their needs. For example, someone who likes the finer things in life is likely to spend a lot more than someone who prides themselves on being frugal.
It is important to note that there are many factors that need to be considered when deciding how much Carvoeiro spending money you should bring. The length of stay, who you are travelling with and the type of activities you want to do while in Carvoeiro all play a part in determining how much money you are likely to spend. In addition, some people may have more disposable income than others due to their different levels of income or savings. This can also affect how much money you feel that you need on holiday. If you have a higher income or a lot of savings, you are likely to have a different view of how much is ‘standard’ for a week long holiday in Portugal.
When it comes to spending money for a week in Carvoeiro, there are a few things to take into consideration. Below, we have taken a look at the things you should take into consideration and how much you are likely to spend during your stay.
Working Out How Much Money You Can Spend in Carvoeiro
When you are working out how much money you’ll spend in Carvoeiro, it’s important to think about how much you can comfortably afford. Though a holiday is a wonderful experience, you don’t want to put yourself in debt in order to enjoy yourself. So, before you go, think about how much you can comfortably afford to spend over the course of the week.
Once you have this figure, you can begin to work out how much you can spend on food, drinks, transport, activities and souvenirs. This is also a good time to think about where you are happy to splurge and where you would like to save as much as possible. For example, some people like to spend a lot of money on eating out, and then spend less on activities. For others, self catering is preferable as this allows them to dedicate more money to attractions and souvenirs.
A good way to work out how much money you’ll spend in Carvoeiro is to think about how much you usually spend on holiday. Though Carvoeiro is by no means a cheap and cheerful destination, there are a range of budget friendly options for you to enjoy. If you have been to other areas in Portugal, you will find that spending time in Carvoeiro will cost you in a similar amount as it does elsewhere.
One of the great things about Carvoeiro is that there is something for every budget. Whether you are booking accommodation or looking for a restaurant, you shouldn’t struggle to find something within your price range. There is no need to spend more than you can afford in Carvoeiro, not when there are a variety of things to choose from.
What to Factor Into Your Holiday Spending Money
- Who Are You Paying For? – The amount of spending money you need will also depend on who you are paying for. For example, if you are travelling with children, you won’t just be paying for yourself. If you are travelling alone, you only have your own costs to think about. If you are travelling as a couple, you will need to budget for the cost of two people for the entire week.
- Will You Be Self Catering? – If you are staying in self catering accommodation, such as a private villa or apartment, you will have the option to cook meals for yourself. This can save a lot of money on eating out, which leaves you with more money to spend elsewhere. If you are not staying in a self catering villa or apartment, you will need to factor more food into your spending money.
- Do You Want Souvenirs? – Though the majority of souvenirs are relatively cheap, the little things quickly add up on holiday. Over the course of a week in Carvoeiro, you will probably come across quite a few souvenirs that you would like to buy. These are costs that should be factored into your holiday spending money. If you are not someone who likes to buy a lot of souvenirs, you don’t need to think about this cost.
- How Will You Be Getting Around? – One of the main things that people forget to factor into their holiday spending money is transport. Though flights are rarely forgotten about, nor is travelling to and from the airport, a lot of people forget that travelling from A to B comes at a price. For example, visiting a nearby town will have the cost of public transport to think about. If you are heading to a local attraction, you will need to think about getting there.
- How Many Attractions Will You Visit – There are a lot of attractions in Carvoeiro, and many more close by. For example, there are multiple water parks which are hugely popular. Zoomarine and Krazy World are also popular places for tourists to head. If you are planning to visit these attractions during your time in Carvoeiro, you will need to factor the cost of doing so into your spending money.
Though it’s impossible to give an exact figure of how much spending money you need for a week in Carvoeiro, planning really is key. If you have a budget and stick to it, you should find that your holiday to Carvoeiro is as affordable as you need it to be.