There are a lot of options to consider when you go on holiday, including the type of catering you wish to have. For some people, it’s a lot easier and simpler to stay in an all inclusive resort, or to stay somewhere with on site restaurants. There is no need to worry about cooking for yourself or buying groceries, as you can just walk a few steps and find somewhere to eat. If you opt for an all inclusive plan, you don’t even need to think about budgeting and paying for each meal. There is no denying the benefits that come with staying somewhere catered, and having everything taken care of for you.
However, for a lot of people, a self catering holiday is the preferred choice. This is because a self catering holiday provides a lot of freedom; you can choose to cook for yourself, or you can choose to explore restaurants in the local area. When it comes to self catering holidays in the Algarve, Carvoeiro is one of the best places to go.
The Benefits of Choosing a Self Catering Holiday
A self catering holiday is a holiday where you don’t have to rely on hotels and restaurants, but instead you can cook for yourself.There are a tonne of advantages that come with booking a self catering holiday, regardless of the location or the type of accommodation you are staying in. As long as you choose self catering, you will be able to enjoy these benefits.
- Self catering is often the cheaper way of doing things. This is because you aren’t paying for both food and accommodation, which can quickly add up, but only the accommodation side of things. You then have the freedom to spend as little, or as much, as you want on groceries. You aren’t tied into spending money at specific restaurants.
- There is a lot of flexibility with a self catering holiday, meaning that you really can tailor your trip to you. You can cook for yourself as much as you like, or head out to eat as much as you like. You aren’t restricted by restaurants in the area, nor are you forced to eat out three times a day.
- You will experience more independence when you book a self catering holiday. Rather than relying on someone else to cook for you, you can get stuck into things for yourself. This also means navigating the local supermarkets, choosing ingredients and picking meals. When you are somewhere like Portugal, self catering gives you the perfect opportunity to cook with local ingredients.
As you can see, there are definite benefits that come with booking a self catering holiday. Though it’s nice to have someone cook for you, self catering gives you the best of both worlds. You can cook, or you can head out for dinner, or you can do a bit of both.
What Makes Carvoeiro a Good Self Catering Destination?
There are a lot of holiday destinations in Europe, many of which are in Portugal, but Carvoeiro really is one of the best if you are looking for a self catering holiday. There are many reasons for this, some of which we have listed below.
- Carvoeiro has a lot of accommodation options, many of which are self catering. This means that you have a variety of places to choose from, and you won’t find yourself limited simply because you want to cater for yourself. There are apartments and villas throughout Carvoeiro, all of which have kitchen facilities. This means you can enjoy luxurious and comfortable accommodation, whilst still being able to cook for yourself.
- There are a lot of shops in Carvoeiro, which means you shouldn’t struggle to find the groceries that you need. Whether you want to cook something simple and easy, or you are aiming for something impressive, you should be able to find exactly what you are looking for in Carvoeiro. There are supermarkets in the town itself, and many more than are a little further afield. You will also find a lot of local ingredients in Carvoeiro, allowing you to cook with some Portuguese delicacies.
- Carvoeiro boasts a lot of restaurants, ranging from those serving local food and those serving international food. When you are self catering, you also have the option to mix things up by eating out once or twice during your trip. In Carvoeiro, this is easy. There really is something for everyone, even fussy and picky eaters. You will find a variety of restaurants in Carvoeiro, catering to a variety of budgets.
During your time in Carvoeiro, we recommend doing a little bit of both. You can save money and test out your cooking skills by making use of your kitchen facilities, and then you can sample some traditional Portuguese food by eating out. When you are in Carvoeiro, it’s very easy to do both.
Is Self Catering in Carvoeiro Always Cheaper?
It’s likely that you will save quite a bit of money if you choose to book a self catering holiday in Carvoeiro. Though you will be paying for an entire apartment – including kitchen facilities – and not just a hotel room or two, you will save money by buying food from the supermarket. It’s always cheaper to buy food from a supermarket and cook it yourself than it is to eat at a restaurant. When you stay at a hotel, you also pay extra for cleaning and other amenities. When you are in self catering accommodation, this isn’t a cost you tend to factor in.