There is nothing better than looking forward to a holiday in Carvoeiro, but the cost of booking a holiday can put some people off. Though Carvoeiro is by no means an expensive holiday destination, the rising cost of living does mean that a lot of people are having to think about cutting costs wherever they can. If you are planning a trip to Carvoeiro, or you have already booked one, there are things you can do to save money.
Key Ways to Reduce the Cost of Your Carvoeiro Holiday
If you are planning a trip to Carvoeiro and you are worried about the cost, you will be pleased to know that there are ways to save money. Below, we have listed some of our key ways to reduce the cost of your Carvoeiro holiday.
- It’s a good idea to start by looking at the cost of your flight, as this is where you could save a lot of money on your holiday to Carvoeiro. If you can, try to fly during off peak hours or on a budget airline. This means going in term time – as long as you aren’t travelling with children – and flying early in the morning or late at night, when fewer people want to fly. The price of flights goes up when the flight becomes more popular, so opt for a flight that is somewhat inconvenient.
- If you want to save money on accommodation, it might be worth considering staying in a private rental – such as an apartment or villa – rather than paying for a hotel room. Though an apartment or villa might not be too much cheaper than a single hotel room, there’s a high chance that you will need to book more than one room. Plus, you do have the benefit of more space. This means you can make one accommodation booking for a group or family, rather than having to pay for multiple hotel rooms.
- You can cut the cost of your holiday to Carvoeiro by choosing the right time of year to travel. A lot of people go to Carvoeiro in the summer, as this is when the weather is at its best and most people have time off work. However, this does drive up the price of flights and accommodation. Carvoeiro, like the rest of the Algarve, boasts reliable weather for a lot of the year. So, you should always know what to expect. You can travel to Carvoeiro in spring or autumn, knowing that it’s unlikely to be freezing cold or rainy.
- There are a lot of places to stay in Carvoeiro, but self catering is certainly the cheapest option. When you book self catering accommodation, you have the luxury of cooking for yourself and buying food from local supermarkets. This is a lot cheaper than continuously paying for meals in restaurants, which is what you will end up doing if you stay somewhere without a kitchen. In Carvoeiro, there are a lot of apartments and villas to rent, all of which have kitchens with everything you need to cater for yourself.
- You can also save money on your holiday to Carvoeiro by booking a package deal. A lot of travel companies offer package deals to the Algarve, and these tend to be cheaper than booking everything separately. This is also the case if you use a travel agent. Though you are paying for the luxury of someone else organising your holiday for you, package holidays often come with discounts and travel agents usually have access to lower prices.
- Hiring a car for your time in Carvoeiro is hugely beneficial, as it allows you to travel around with ease. However, having a car is not always necessary. If you aren’t planning to move around too much and you want to spend a lot of time in Carvoeiro or the surrounding areas, you could make do with using public transport. There are also a lot of taxis in Carvoeiro, so you will not be stranded if you don’t have a car.
There are a lot of ways to save money on your holiday to Carvoeiro, which makes it an affordable holiday destination in the Algarve. Going to Carvoeiro doesn’t need to break the bank, and there are a lot of ways to cut the cost before you go, as well as whilst you are there.
Can Carvoeiro Be a Cheap Holiday?
It’s really up to you how cheap or expensive a holiday to Carvoeiro is, and it will largely come down to what accommodation you book and what you plan to do when you are away. If you choose self catering accommodation – for example, if you book an apartment in a complex – you will save a lot of money, as there is no need for you to book multiple hotel rooms for your family. You will also save money in self catering accommodation, as you have the freedom to cook meals for yourself. You can buy groceries in a local supermarket and cook in your accommodation, in the same way as you would at home. This is a lot more affordable than eating out for three meals a day.
Of course, going on any holiday does have costs. Flights can be costly, especially if you are adding baggage and booking for an entire family. This is why a lot of people do what they can to cut the costs when they are away, to make up for having to book flights. Booking a hotel can also be costly, but there are always self catering options in Carvoeiro. There really is no need to break the bank during your time in the Algarve, not when there are so many ways to reduce the cost of being away.