There is no shortage of holiday destinations in Europe, even more if you broaden your research to include the rest of the world. However, Carvoeiro in the Algarve region of Portugal is the destination of choice for many holidaymakers. Out of the tourists that flock to Carvoeiro each year, many of these are repeat visitors. Though you will certainly find people who are visiting Carvoeiro for the very first time, you will also find tourists who return to Carvoeiro year after year. So, why is that?
It’s got a lot to do with how much Carvoeiro has to offer. Compared to a lot of similar destinations, Carvoeiro has everything tourists need for a perfect holiday. Whether they are heading there on a long weekend away or it’s where they’re going for a two week summer holiday, Carvoeiro ticks a lot of boxes. It’s a simple, straightforward and sunny place to spend a week or two.
Carvoeiro Has Everything Tourists Need for a Perfect Holiday
There are a few key things that tourists look for in a holiday destination; good weather, beautiful beaches, things to do and comfortable accommodation. These are the things that separate good holiday destinations apart from those that people tend to avoid. When looking at Carvoeiro, you will quickly see that Carvoeiro ticks a lot of boxes. Not only does it have the standard things that are somewhere a popular holiday destination, it offers tourists a lot of added extras. For example, Portuguese cuisine draws in a lot of holidaymakers and public transport makes it easy to travel around Carvoeiro.
- Weather – One of the main reasons that people go on holiday abroad is for better weather, and that’s exactly what Carvoeiro offers. During the summer months, Carvoeiro boasts endless sunshine, clear skies and warm weather. The weather is reliable, which means you are unlikely to be faced with a lot of rain or cold weather, and it’s rarely uncomfortably hot. Though you might get the odd downpour, there is a higher chance that your trip will be a sunny break from the norm.
- Accommodation – There are a lot of accommodation options in Carvoeiro, meaning there is something for everyone. Regardless of the type of tourist you are – whether you are travelling alone, as a couple, with friends or as a family – you will always be able to find your ideal place to stay. There are a variety of hotels, ranging from budget friendly B&Bs to luxurious resorts. There are also private villas, apartments and campsites available. This means that every time you visit Carvoeiro, you can stay somewhere new.
- Beaches – Beaches are a major part of summer holidays, and Carvoeiro has an abundance of them. The Algarve region is home to some of Europe’s top beaches and it’s a major draw for tourists, especially those who like to relax with a book or paddle in the sea. Carvoeiro has a lot of different beaches to choose from, all of which are sandy and beautiful. There are quiet and tranquil beaches, as well as those with lots of facilities and activities for families.
- Attractions – For a lot of people, going on holiday is the chance to explore somewhere new. It’s a time to see what a new destination has in terms of things to see and do, which is why Carvoeiro’s attractions are a big selling point. In Carvoeiro, and in the surrounding areas of the Algarve, there are a wide range of tourist attractions. Tourists continue to return to Carvoeiro, knowing that there’s always something new to experience.
- Cuisine – If you know anything about Portugal, you will know that Portuguese cuisine is well known for being something special. In Carvoeiro, tourists can experience a lot of what Portuguese cuisine has to offer. It’s a great place to try fresh seafood and delicious wine, as well as a number of well known and local dishes. Of course, there are also restaurants that cater to picky eaters and younger children.
- Transport – When a lot of tourists head to Carvoeiro, they do so because of how easy it is to get to. Located a short distance from Faro airport, Carvoeiro is easily accessible for airports throughout Europe. Once you are in Portugal, getting to and from Carvoeiro is simple. There are public transport options, organised tours and car hire companies. Whether you plan to stay in Carvoeiro for the duration of your holiday or you want to move around, transport in the Algarve is easy to navigate.
When looking at the things that Carvoeiro has to offer, it’s easy to see that it’s not lacking in any way. Simply, it has everything the majority of holidaymakers want in a holiday destination. Therefore, they continue to return to the area each year. Instead of heading somewhere new and risking it being subpar or lacking in some way, they book a holiday in Carvoeiro.
When Do Most Tourists Head to Carvoeiro?
You can see by the examples given above, that Carvoeiro has a lot to offer tourists. It’s easy to see why holidaymakers return year, after year, after year. For many, it’s the place they continually return to for a family holiday. For others, it’s the place they go to unwind and relax away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Whatever the reason for going to Carvoeiro, the majority of tourists go during the summer months.
Most tourists head to Carvoeiro between May and September, as this is when the weather is at its best. Plus, it lines up with school holidays and a lot of annual leave. The summer is when tourists can enjoy sunshine, long days at the beach and warm evenings eating outside. Though the winter months are lovely in Carvoeiro, cooler temperatures and less reliable weather deter some people. Regardless of when you visit Carvoeiro, you are sure to enjoy everything the Portuguese region has to offer.