There are a lot of places to visit in the Algarve, which is why it’s such a hotspot for family holidays. However, this can make it difficult to choose an exact location. For many, Carvoeiro comes out top of the best places to holiday as a family. As well as boasting beautiful weather and beaches, Carvoeiro has a wide range of things for families to do. There are restaurants and watersports, days out and waterparks. Whatever you are looking for as a family, you will find it in Carvoeiro. This is why it’s such a popular choice for families of all shapes, sizes and ages.
Why is Carvoeiro a Good Holiday Destination for Families?
You only have to do a little bit of research to find out why Carvoeiro is such a good holiday destination for families. To help you out, we have listed the top reasons below.
- There’s Lots to Do – If you know anything about Carvoeiro and the Algarve region as a whole, you will know that there is a lot to see and do. This makes it easy to keep children of all ages entertained, busy and happy on holiday. Whether you are a family who enjoys long days at the beach or a family who likes to explore the local landscape, you won’t be disappointed by what Carvoeiro has to offer. It doesn’t matter if you are heading to Carvoeiro for one week or two, it’s unlikely that you will run out of ways to keep your family entertained.
- There’s a Range of Accommodation – In Carvoeiro, you will find a whole host of accommodation options to choose from. This means you can find the perfect place to stay as a family, regardless of what you are looking for. There are private villas and apartments, which have the benefit of additional space for a lively family. These are self catering options and therefore you have the flexibility to cook meals for yourself, should you want to. There are also a lot of hotels in Carvoeiro, many of which are family friendly and designed with little ones in mind.
- Travelling There is Simple – There are a lot of holiday destinations that, though enjoyable, are difficult to get to. This isn’t the case with Carvoeiro, as travelling there is simple. The nearest airport to Carvoeiro is Faro, which welcomes dozens of flights each and every day, many of which are from mainland Europe and the UK. Within a few hours of leaving your home, you can be sunning yourself in Carvoeiro. Travelling to Carvoeiro from Faro airport is simple and straightforward; there are many public transport and taxis available. You could also choose to hire a car, which makes travelling around the Algarve even easier.
- Multiple Day Trips Available – As mentioned above, there is lots to see and do in Carvoeiro. So, you won’t be short of day trips to enjoy. You could head to another area of the Algarve – Albufeira, Faro and Lagos are all popular tourist destinations – or to a local attraction, such a museum or water park. This means that you can enjoy everything Carvoeiro has to offer, as well as everything the wider region has to offer. Instead of worrying about running out of things to do, or worrying that Carvoeiro will become boring after a week or two, you can embrace the multiple day trips on offer.
- Beautiful and Safe Beaches – In Carvoeiro, you will find a number of beautiful and safe beaches. These are ideal for children of all ages, making them a great option for families. Instead of having to hang out around the pool each day, you can explore some of the region’s top beaches, knowing that they have been designed with families in mind. A lot of the beaches in Carvoeiro have a variety of facilities and many are close to restaurants, shops and parking. There are also beaches that are more remote and secluded, for families who want a bit more space and privacy.
- Plenty of Outdoor Space – There is no denying that children like space to spread out, run around and burn off some energy. Regardless of how old your children are, having access to outdoor space is key when you are abroad. Otherwise, you could end up with frustrated little ones who are bored of being stuck inside. Luckily, Carvoeiro has plenty of outdoor space. Whether it’s a beach or a park, an outdoor attraction or dramatic coastline, there is no need to stay inside when you are in the area.
As you can see, there is no shortage of reasons to visit Carvoeiro as a family. You only have to spend an hour or two in the area, to see that it’s a hot spot for families of all shapes and sizes. You will find people holidaying with their immediate and extended families, as well as families holidaying together. You will find parents with babies and toddlers, as well as those with tweens and teens. There really is something in Carvoeiro for every type of family, large or small.
When is the Best Time to Visit Carvoeiro as a Family?
There is no right or wrong time to visit Carvoeiro, as there is something available at all times of year. Regardless of whether you visit in the summer or winter, you won’t find yourself short of things to do. However, the majority of families prefer to visit Carvoeiro during the summer months. This is because the weather is warm and reliable, beaches are bustling and the local attractions are open for business. Though there are lots of things to do during the winter, the cooler months don’t have the same beautiful weather. You might experience a lot of sunshine, but it’s unlikely to be warm enough for long days at the beach and hours splashing around in the swimming pool.